What is the stable version for Stride?

I try 4.0 and 3.1 download, both are failed to open.
The source code from github, also build failed with some error.

I could install Xenko 3.1 Now, just create a new empty game. But the sample in github still could not be used.

Which sample did not work?

Summary the problems current I meet:

1. Failed to install the lastest Stride 4.0 version.
  2. Xenko 3.1 is succesfully installed, but the new game project opened by VisualStudio will alert: “Could not restore Stride.VisualStudio.Commands 3.1.0.1, this visual studio extension may fail to work properly without it”.
  3. No tag to sync the old version of source code.
  4. Build failed for latest version of source code.
  1. Xenko 3.1 is succesfully installed, but the new game project opened by VisualStudio will alert: “Could not restore Stride.VisualStudio.Commands 3.1.0.1, this visual studio extension may fail to work properly without it”.

Did you install the plugin for Visual Studio?

1. Build failed for latest version of source code

That’s vague. What errors? No issue on my side. I tried from a fresh clone. Note that the test projects might fail to build (especially the first time), but you can ignore that.

Are you sure you have all the prerequisites? It could be also an issue with NuGet: if it fails to restore some required packages, the build cannot complete.

edit: there is a regression because of Visual Studio 16.6 new C++ compiler. I’m opening a pull-request to fix it (https://github.com/stride3d/stride/pull/736).

Thanks Kryptos for helping.

Good progress today.

1. Stride 4.0 (4.0.0.1-beta03-1019) was successfully installed. (I think previous failure was because you guys just updated the version to 4.0 which is not stable, and the new submit may fix the problem)
  2. I just skip Xenko 3.1, and use 4.0 instead, so I don’t need to worry the 3.1 problems now.
  3. Last day I just want to sync 3.1 version of codes. now I can see the tag for releases of 4.0.0.1 from github.
  4. I haven’t try build yet for 4.0 version of source code. I need to ramp up the using of Stride 4.0 first. I will go into the codes again when needed.